Thank you for your interest in joining our team! Our office plays an integral role in welcoming new Wildcats and their family members to the University of Arizona community. Below you will find more information on the available positions working with our Orientation programs. Please note that the deadline to apply for the 2022 season has passed. Check back on this page in the late Fall 2022 for more information on Summer 2023 positions.
Meet Our Orientation Leaders!
Become an Orientation Leader!
Orientation Leaders serve an integral role in supporting the programs and operations of Orientation and New Student Services (ONSS). Orientation Leaders (OLs) are a vital part of our Orientation and Family Essentials programs. They ensure incoming students and family members have a successful transition and integration into the University of Arizona community. Throughout the orientation experience, they provide an introduction to campus and its resources, answer questions and represent the student experience. Ideal candidates are those who enjoy assisting others, have a desire to share their experience and pride in Arizona, hope to gain interpersonal experience, and want to make new friends.
Orientation Leader Job Description and Responsibilities
As part of this position, Orientation Leaders (OLs) support the facilitation of New Student Orientation (NSO), Transfer Student Orientation (TSO), Family Essentials, Destination Arizona and additional programs. All these programs are designed to help our newest Wildcats become familiar with campus while preparing for academic success. The OL position will be a hybrid in-person and virtual role. This year, most programs will take place in an online format. However, Destination Arizona will take place in-person.
Destination Arizona is a three-day, in-person program in August that reinforces concepts from Orientation and presents a shared understanding of what it means to be a member of the Wildcat community. During this program, Orientation Leaders will have the opportunity to become mentors and assist with the hiring and training of Destination Leaders.
- Representing the student experience at the University of Arizona
- Actively participating in all mandatory trainings, programs, and events
- Taking initiative, following instructions, being flexible and punctual
- Leading Wildcat Connection Small Groups which facilitate discussions pertaining to University policies, course availability, and course registration
- Meeting, greeting, and mingling with students, families, and guests
- Drawing from personal experiences to answer questions with a positive attitude and demeanor
- Assisting with the set up, organization, and facilitation of Destination Arizona. Program attendance is mandatory for all OLs
- Working hours during each program will include early mornings and late evenings potentially in the summer heat and will involve the lifting, carrying, and sorting of boxes and paper
OLs are paid at a rate of $12.15 per hour and expected to attend four hour-long training sessions during the Spring semester. In the Summer, OLs are required to work between 30-35 hours per week starting mid-May through August. Student Assistants may NOT graduate in May 2022 and must enroll in classes for Fall 2022. A GPA of 2.75 or higher is preferred.
Thank you for your interest in working as an Orientation and Welcome Leader. The deadline to apply for the 2022 position has passed. Please check back here in the late Fall 2022 for more information on Summer 2023 positions. If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Paige O’Rourke at firstname.lastname@example.org.