Destination Arizona Leaders
The Office of Orientation & New Student Services is excited to announce Destination Arizona, a three-day, in-person extended orientation program hosted August 19 - 21, 2022. Destination Arizona reinforces concepts from Orientation and presents a shared understanding of what it means to be a Wildcat.
During Destination Arizona, Destination Arizona Leaders (DAZLs) will help set up, organize, and facilitate events designed to welcome and engage over 10,000 new First-Year and Transfer students.
- Support Orientation & New Student Services staff and campus partners in the set-up, logistics, facilitation, and take-down of events.
- Taking initiative, following instructions, being flexible and punctual.
- Actively participating in all mandatory trainings, programs, and events.
- Help students navigate campus by answering questions, giving directions, suggesting resources and events, and providing a warm welcome to the Wildcat community.
- Drawing from personal experiences to answer questions with a positive attitude and demeanor.
- Working hours will include early mornings and late evenings in the summer heat and will involve lifting, carrying, and sorting of materials.
- Degree-seeking undergraduate student
- Good academic and conduct standing prior to and throughout Destination Arizona
- Desire to share their experience and pride in Arizona
- Ability to work in a team environment where differences are valued, encouraged and supported
- Availability to work in-person on Main Campus from July 8, 2022 - August 21, 2022
Monday, July 18 - Thursday, July 28, 2022: Destination Leader Training
Destination Arizona Prep Week
Monday, August 15, 2022 - Thursday, August 18, 2022
Thursday, August 18 - Sunday, August 21, 2022
Compensation and Employment Benefits
- Pay: $12.80 per hour
- Staff Uniforms
- Develop your leadership skills (Looks great on a resume!)
- Earn 100% Engagement designation on transcript
- Destination Arizona swag
- Meet new friends
- Share your love of Arizona with new students
Apply Here: Destination Arizona Leader application.
This application will close on Monday, April 18, 2022.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Melina Casillas at email@example.com or (520) 621-5180.